Zo maak jij het verschil
Established in 1989, Olam is listed on the Singapore Exchange. The global team of over 81,000 employees have built leadership positions in many of their businesses such as cocoa, coffee, cotton, nuts and spices.
OFI Cocoa is at the heart of its upcoming transition towards ‘Olam Food Ingredients’ (OFI) and its strategic focus on customer-centricity and innovation. This senior role aligns with their ambitions to further excel in sustainable growth and innovation efforts in the beverage, dessert & ice categories. As they embark on our dynamic future you will have the accountability for the EMENA region and together with your team and other key stakeholders engage with OFI’s customers to develop innovative beverage, dessert & ice concepts using cocoa ingredients.
The OFI Cocoa PD&I team for Beverage, Dessert & Ice will consist of PD&I Managers, Application Specialists and Technicians. This structure will help you to focus on best-in-class concepts and solutions for this product category. Together with the team, you will lead the customer-centric product development and innovation for EMEA OFI Cocoa with dedicated customers in the Beverage, Dessert & Ice categories. You will report to the PD&I Category Manager Beverage, Dessert & Ice and together you will develop the OFI Cocoa business with new and existing customers. Other responsibilities are:
- You will work closely with Sales and Marketing and in customer-centric collaboration deliver proactive initiatives based on trends and the specific requirements dedicated customers have. You will take the lead on the roll-out of these initiatives and interface with customers;
- You will actively search for new leads within the category and build close relationships with dedicated customers to first hear about potential projects or required support being the key technical contact and translating this into value-add business. This includes Cocoa technical related requests like specifications and quality-related matters, which, in collaboration with Quality and R&D, will be taken care of in a fast and professional manner;
- Key global and regional customers will value your category and technical expertise and ideas for using Cocoa ingredients. Your contribution to innovation or productivity sessions will lead to new initiatives;
- Together with the PD&I Category Manager and the Application Specialist(s) in the team, you analyse and discuss priorities concerning initiatives and projects for your Beverages, Dessert and Ice customers. The quality and speed of your response are key to success;
- You share feedback from customers and escalate potential gaps or improvements in the current Cocoa ingredient portfolio together with the Application Specialists, the Research & Development team or with Plant Science. You will use CRM to monitor and act on customer activities. You use dashboards to make your progress transparent for yourself and stakeholders and proactively seek support if required;
- You participate in sessions with other PD&I centres to share knowledge, capabilities and success stories. Besides you feel comfortable sharing your vision and achievements by presenting and inspiring at all levels in the ofi Cocoa organisation.
Wat jij mee brengt
The ideal candidate has the following qualifications and experiences:
- An MSc degree in Food Technology or Food Chemistry. A grade or certificate in Economics would be desirable;
- Proven capability as a Product Development/R&D Manager or senior B2B technical sales role in the Beverage, Dessert or Ice industry with a minimum of 6 years of experience;
- In-depth understanding of ingredient functionality working with complex food systems. You are proficient in transforming ideas into bespoke and solution-driven concepts;
- Used to develop and maintain relationships with global or large regional customers. You feel confident developing and giving presentations to inspire customers at all levels;
- Proven leadership skills to transfer the growth aspirations of the company into a regional PD&I strategy with tangible actions and KPIs explained and accepted by the different stakeholders. You don’t wait but proactively act and make things happen. You have integrity, are inclusive and treat internal and external stakeholders with respect;
- Masters the food development process inside-out from customer inspiration to winning customer projects. Your understanding of ingredient functionality, great-tasting product development, analytical methodologies and sensory science is best-in-class;
- Proficient in spoken and written English. One other western European language is an advantage.
What OFI can offer you is:
- A competitive salary depending on your work experience;
- A bonus of between twelve en seventeen per cent;
- Excellent secondary employment conditions;
- Opportunity to work in an international environment;
- A social and interesting working environment with plenty of room for own initiative, responsibility and growth.